The Mission Darkness BlockBox Lab XL offers the ultimate radio frequency (RF) shielding and hands-on accessibility for electronic device forensics investigations. The heavy-duty forensic analysis enclosure is designed specifically for investigating mobile devices such as cell phones, tablets, and additional small electronics while remaining shielded from WiFi, cell, and other signals.
The BlockBox Lab XL includes conductive gloves for both hands to operate and interrogate devices inside (including touch screens), a transparent viewing window, LED array, AC power strip, and two USB ports for extracting data at high speeds, enabling forensic investigators to thoroughly analyze data on electronic devices while preventing any signal from reaching or leaving the device. It is constructed of a durable outer aluminum casting with RF absorbent foam lining the inside walls offering extreme device protection and isolation. Although designed for lab use, the light weight of the BlockBox Lab XL and strong side handles allow it to be easily transported to different locations.
*The BlockBox Lab XL includes a set of replacement gloves.
BlockBox Lab XL Features
- Lab forensic analysis enclosure for operating devices and extracting information while shielded from RF signals
- Certified to shielding effectiveness standards IEEE 299-2006
- Extra large interior space – fits multiple cell phones, tablets, laptops, and similar size devices
- Dual-sided shielded filter with two USB ports, one AC port, and one RJ45 ethernet port
- Shielded AC power strip for powering multiple devices internally – includes four universal power outlets and four USB outlets
- High-speed data extraction and connectivity
- Indefinite power capabilities to prevent lockout mode and reduce the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
- Completely isolates devices – blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals
- Built-in conductive gloves for left and right hands-on touch plus a set of replacement gloves
- Patent pending Gen 2 RF-FilterVu RF shielded transparent window on top for viewing devices (upgraded clarity = 25% more clear than standard size BlockBox Lab window)
- Two LED arrays for illuminating interior space
- RF absorbent foam liner on all interior sides
- Durable outer aluminum casting with black coating
- Replacement foam gasket seals with adhesive backing
- Dual easy release latch system
- Piston hinge gas filled cover strut
- Temperature range: +14°F (-10°C) to +122°F (+50°C)
- Two metal side handles for easy carry
- Designed and assembled in the USA
- Mission Darkness BlockBox Lab XL
- Multiple styles of Mission Darkness Faraday Bags (SKUs: MDFB-S-NW-M, MDFB-M-NW-M, MDFB-L-NW)
- Unique serial number sticker
- Two USB A/M to A/M cables
- Ethernet cable
- AC power cable
- Set of replacement gloves
- Set of replacement foam seals
- Two stylus pens
- Instruction card
- Additional add-on accessories are listed below
- External dimensions: 24”L x 18”W x 16.5”H (60.96cm x 45.72cm x 41.91cm)
- Internal usable dimensions: 22.75”L x 17”W x 12.5”H (57.79cm x 43.18cm x 31.75cm)
- RF-FilterVu window dimensions: 9.5″L x 3.5″W (24.13cm X 8.89cm)
** Includes Camera Mount device **
These are the only Berry Compliant FARADAY Bags on the market.